Over the years the Company has been involved in a number of community - focused activities, in the areas of health, education and preservation of the Country's rich culture and heritage. Continuing the tradition, it is recommended that the Company may focus primarily on following activities to be referred to hereinafter as "CSR activities".
1) Promoting preventive and general health care, sanitation and provision of safe drinking water
2) Promoting education by providing financial assistance to deserving educational institutions, meritorious and needy students, including special education and employment enhancing vocation skills, especially among children, women, elderly and the differently abled, promoting livelihood enhancement projects and road safety projects with special emphasis on driver training programmes.
3) Promoting gender equality, empowering women, setting up homes and hostels for women and orphans; setting up old age homes, day care centres and such other facilities for senior citizens.
4) Ensuring environmental sustainability, ecological balance, protection of flora and fauna, animal welfare, agroforestry, conservation of natural resources and maintaining quality of soil, air and water.
5) Protection of national heritage, art and culture including restoration of buildings and sites of historical importance and works of art, setting up public libraries; promotion and development of traditional arts and handicrafts.
6) Contributions or funds provided to technology incubators located within academic institutions which are approved by the Central government.
7) Contributing to rural development projects and
8) Such other activities and projects covered in Schedule VII to the Companies Act, 2013 from time to time.
The Company will undertake its CSR activities either directly or through a Registered Trust or through a Registered Society or establish another Company under Section 8 of the Companies Act, 2013 or even to collaborate with other entities. The implementation Schedule for CSR activities will be dependent on the availability of eligible projects
The Board shall ensure that the Company spends, in every financial year, at least 2% of the average net profits of the Company made during the three (3) immediately preceding financial years for CSR activities.
For this purpose, "average net profit" shall be calculated in accordance with provisions of Section 198 of the Companies Act, 2013, after deducting therefrom the dividends that may be received from companies in India which are covered under complying with the provisions of Section 135 of the Companies Act, 2013.
The Company will give preference to the local area(s) in and around our offices in India. The Company may use the CSR capacities of their own personnel in executing the CSR activities and also effectively monitoring the same but such CSR expenditure shall not exceed five (5%) percent of total CSR expenditure of the Company in one financial year.
The Secretary & Compliance Officer hall submit a report to the •CSR Committee annually about the end-use of contributions made.
The CSR Committee of the company comprises Mr. PK Ahammed, Mr. Moidu Kottikollan Edavalath and Mr. Shanavas Kottikollan Edavalath. Further Mr. P K Ahammed was appointed as chairman of the committee and Mr. L. R. Subramanian as the Secretary of the Committee.
Copyright © 2021 Peekay Steel Castings - All Rights Reserved. IT Team Peekay Steel
Powered by GoDaddy